Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Weeping Prophet - Jeremiah 13:17

This image is an actual page from the comic book. 2! 2 pages! Mwa-ah-ah! Only 2000 more to go.

 Jeremiah, the Prophet

An unconventional but highly charismatic prophet that never gives up.

Ever.

Quirky, small, and funny-looking, Jeremiah has never been popular with the ruling class, despite the fact that he has been an advisor to multiple kings. While still a tadpole, Yahweh called him as a prophet. The weight of his assignment--to cry repentance during Jerusalem’s darkest hour--has forced him to cling to all things lively and fun just to guard from eternal depression. He is not only a prophet, but the prophet, and the remnant of loyal followers of Yahweh follow his divinely inspired lead. His patience and long-suffering are truly inspiring.

Jeremiah's fatherHilkiah the Priest, discovered lost scripture in the Holy Temple while Jeremiah was still a boy. Known now as the Book of Deuteronomy, these scriptures contained the prophecies concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and the horrors that should befall the Holy City should the Covenant People fall from grace. Someone had hidden these records from the people. But why?

Now, knowing the destruction of his people (and the temple) is eminent, Jeremiah and the last few loyal followers of Yahweh dedicate themselves to collecting and preserving what is left of their sacred records, but it is not easy. Baruch, Jeremiah's scribe and loyal friend, helps Jeremiah record his own words, and others of Jeremiah's followers help him find and collect truly inspired writings. Their dream is to one day combine these sacred histories into a single volume and preserve them for future generations. They call these writings the "Holy Books."

But time is running out. Will they accomplish their task before the foretold destruction? Will anyone even survive it to read them?


Jeremiah is a European Green Toad, which is endemic to Israel. He is often referred to as a frog...a bullfrog.

Jeremiah 1:5-10
     Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Jeremiah 13:17

But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the Lord’s flock is carried away captive.


1 comment:

  1. Really spectacular work! I truly dig the Biblical incorporation. God bless and keep up the outstanding content!!

    ReplyDelete